Unlike water ice or dry ice, gel ice consists of a number of organic components mixed in water.
The reaction taking place in the mixture produces a “pre-solidified” gelatinous non-toxic jelly with neutral pH level. The product is environment friendly, and decomposes in nature.
Gel ice is available for different temperature ranges:
BR -1 C Fridge cold – For picnics and camping ensuring that food and drinks stay cold.
R -15 C Freezer cold – For transporting of frozen food, ice-cream, and other laboratory, medicinal, and food that require below-freezing temperatures.
Y -23 C – Substitute for dry ice – Perfectly suited for scientific purposes, as well as transporting and preservation of products requiring high refrigeration capacity.
Gel Ice offers countless applications:
- Camping trips, summer cottages, picnics
- Transport of fish and other delicate food products
- Shipping packages for food products
- Transport and preservation of flowers
- Cold transport of laboratory samples
- Laboratory processes and research applications
- Pharmaceutical applications
- Hydrothermal treatment